Beef & Cabbage Stir Fry
Make cabbage not-so-boring with this easy stir fry! It can be made with any of your favorite veggies or whatever you have on hand.
1 pound ground beef
½ head of cabbage, shredded
½ Vidalia onion, thinly sliced
½ red bell pepper, thinly sliced
½ yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
2 carrots, sliced into matchsticks
2 green onions, sliced on a diagonal
4 cloves garlic, grated
2 tablespoon ginger, grated
1 tablespoon sesame oil
½ cup soy sauce
Sriracha sauce, to taste
1 tablespoon of flour
1 cup rice, cooked
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Start by prepping all the vegetables. Cut the cabbage in half then remove the core. Thinly slice one half. Thinly slice onion, bell pepper, and carrots. Grate or finely chop the garlic and ginger. Slice half of the green onion on a diagonal and finely chop the other half.
- Cook the vegetables, starting with the carrots then add in the peppers, then onion, then the cabbage. Once the vegetables are cooked, add half the garlic and ginger until fragrant.
- Season the vegetables with half of the soy sauce and sesame oil. Salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Cook the rest of the garlic, ginger, and the chopped green onion then add the ground beef. Once the beef is cooked thoroughly, season with the remaining soy sauce, sesame oil, and Sriracha to taste. Don’t forget to salt and pepper. Add the flour to the meat to create a sauce. Once the sauce is thickened add the cooked vegetables.
- Serve over rice of your choice, top with the remaining green onions. Serve and enjoy!