PERFECTLY COOKED BEETS
Roasted beets can be eaten on their own, as a side dish with goat cheese and green onions, or top any salad for added sweetness.
- 1 pound of beets
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400°
- Cut off the stems and roots at the bottom of each beet. Peel each beet with a vegetable peeler
- Toss the beets in a mixing bowl with extra virgin olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Wrap each beet in a square piece of tin foil and place in a glass baking dish.
- Bake for 45 to 60 minutes. The beets are cooked thoroughly when a fork or toothpick slides easily through the center. Serve and enjoy!
- Pro tip: wrap your cutting board in tin foil or plastic wrap to avoid staining. Be sure not to cut through the tin foil or plastic wrap.